European Championship 2018 Update & Schedule
64 Players will fight for the title of the European Champion and the last 6 Slots for the World Championship 2018, do you have what it takes to become the European Champion?
We just want to give you a quick update as well as a Schedule for the event.
Since we only have limited space at the venue the Event will not be open for public, therefor we won't allow external guests - therefor make sure to follow our Livestream on twitch.
But we will grant each participant the opportunity to bring his +1 to the Tournament to watch all of his matches as long as his guest is not disturbing the tournament or other players.
Update and reminder: Double the Fun
This year, the European Championship will require two Decks with the following restrictions:
- Each deck has to contain 50 Cards and follows the normal deckbuilding restrictions
- You can only use three copies of each card across both of your decks
- Both decks need their own deck list
- Both decks have to be submitted on Friday evening 19:00 CET in a physical or digital version
Therefore, the Tournament will be played in "Best of Three"-Format for the whole Tournament.
- You can chose the order of your decks in each Match-up for the first two games (but you cannot chose to play only one deck)
- If there is a third game, you have to use the deck you have used in your losing Matches (this means you have to win with both decks to win the game)
Day 1 will be six rounds of Swiss (bo3) with a time limit of 80 Minutes, followed by a Top 15 Cut to Day 2. The unbeaten player from Day 1 will advance to Top 8 directly by receiving a free-BYE for the first round of Day 2.
The Time-limit for Day 2 is 90 Minutes per Round and 120 Minutes for the Grand Final.
Schedule and timings
- 9:30 Doors open
- 10:15 Check-in closes
- 10:30 Start of Round 1
- 13:30 Lunch Break (~1h)
- 21:00 Announcement of Top Cut
- 9:30 Doors open
- 10:00 Top15 Starts
- ~16:20 Grand Final
- 18:30 Prize-Ceremony
- 19:00 After Party
There will be two Side Events for every participant who did not made the Top Cut as Well as the T15 Losers.
- 10:45 - We will launch another "Breaking the Rules"-Fun-Tournament in "Best-of-One" where we change a rule each Round. Since you have two decks with you can choose one of them after hearing the rule.
- 11:30 - Will kick of a "Title Format"-Tournament, so make sure to bring your Title-deck as well.
Date, Time and what you need to know
The European Championship will be hosted in the Millennium Hotel, London (17 Sloane St, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9NU) and will take place on Saturday the 20th October as well as Sunday the 21st October. The Doors will open at 9:30 AM.
All players who won transport and accommodation for this event, will check-in on Friday (19th) and checkout on Monday (22nd) in the Millennium Hotel.
The event will be livestreamed on our official Twitch-Account: twitch.tv/squareenix
We hope you are hyped for #EUROS18 - Stay tuned for more announcements and spread the #fftcg-Love <3