European Championship 2018
Do you have what it takes to become the European Champion?
The Grand Open UK at Dark Sphere Megastore will be your last chance to get one of the last six Slots for the European Championship 2018.
(Details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2157264077863904/)
But even as the last slots are getting filled at the moment, we want to announce this year's Format and the Prices already.
Of course, this will give all qualified players a small advantage in testing their decks, but we guess everyone earned this and all the competitors are aware now ;-)
Double the Fun
This year, the European Championship will require two Decks with the following restrictions:
- Each deck has to contain 50 Cards and follows the normal deckbuilding restrictions
- You can only use three copies of each card across both of your decks
- Both decks need their own deck list
Therefor, the Tournament will be played in "Best of Three"-Format for the whole Tournament.
- You can chose the order of your decks in each Match-up for the first two games (but you cannot chose to play only one deck)
- If there is a third game, you have to use the deck you have used in your losing Matches (this means you have to win with both decks to win the game)
Day 1 will be six rounds of Swiss (bo3) with a time limit of 75 Minutes, followed by a Top 15 Cut to Day 2. The unbeaten player from Day 1 will advance to Top 8 directly by receiving a free-BYE for the first round of Day 2.
Rewards, Rewards, Rewards!
Of course, we will offer some nice prices for all players who attend this year's European Championship.
Up to 64 Players will compete in the European Championship and all of them will receive this exclusive Sephiroth-Playmat shown above. In addition:
- Top 32 will walk home with a FFTCG-Supply-Set
- Top 16 receive one box of Opus 6
- Top 8: As announced earlier, there will be a special price for our Top 8, which we sadly still cannot announce yet. But you will like this, we are pretty sure. But to not let you walk home with only a promise we add a Shiva FFXIV Meister Quality Figure
- Top 6 qualifies for the World Championship in London with transport and accommodation covered by us.
- Top 4: Please see below
- Runner-Up: Opus 6 Full Foil Set
- Winner: Opus 1-6 in Full Foil
With the Winner choosing first, followed by the second and so on, the Top 4 will receive one of the following prices:
- 1 PlayStation 4 (1TB)
- 1 Xbox One S (1TB)
- 1 Nintendo Switch
- 1 Steam-Link Bundle (Steam Link+Controller)
Date, Time and what you need to know
The European Championship will be hosted in the Millennium Hotel, London (17 Sloane St, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 9NU) and will take place on Saturday the 20th October as well as Sunday the 21st October.
All players who won transport and accommodation for this event, will check-in on Friday (19th) and checkout on Monday (22nd) in the Millennium Hotel.
The event will be livestreamed on our official Twitch or Youtube-Account. A link will follow once this decision is made.
We hope you are hyped for #EUROS18 - Stay tuned for more announcements and spread the #fftcg-Love <3